NATURE OF INFORMATION
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Competition entry forms
- Application forms
- Websites (including in some instances cookies)
- Online transactions
- Networking functions (eg: business cards)
- Over the phone
- Credit card details via credit card purchases
- Information collected from third parties
Wherever practical, CINEMAX CINEMAS will obtain the express consent of Customers to the collection of Personal Information. In some situations, CINEMAX CINEMAS will interpret a Customer's actions as indicating that a Customer consents to the collection of Personal Information. This may occur where the Customer has provided Personal Information for a particular purpose and that purpose cannot be achieved without CINEMAX CINEMAS making use of the Customer's Personal Information.
WHAT HAPPENS IF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED
Where relevant, CINEMAX CINEMAS will endeavour to make Customers aware that CINEMAX CINEMAS may not be able to provide a proper service to them if Personal Information is not provided upon request.
MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHO MAY VIEW PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, only officers, employees or contractors of CINEMAX CINEMAS may view Personal Information. CINEMAX CINEMAS will only grant access to parties other than CINEMAX CINEMAS's officers, employees and contractors to view Personal Information where CINEMAX CINEMAS believes that access is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected.
CINEMAX CINEMAS WILL ONLY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO PARTIES OTHER THAN CINEMAX CINEMAS' OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS IF:
1. That disclosure is required to give effect to the purposes for which CINEMAX CINEMAS collected the Personal Information.
2. The Customer has consent to that disclosure.
3. CINEMAX CINEMAS believes that the disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person.
4. CINEMAX CINEMAS believes an unlawful activity is being undertaken and the Personal Information is disclosed as part of CINEMAX CINEMAS's investigation into this activity.
5. CINEMAX CINEMAS is required by law to disclose the Personal Information.
6. The disclosure is required for the enforcement of a criminal law or a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
CINEMAX CINEMAS regularly monitors the quality and accuracy of Personal Information that it maintains and where practical, updates that information on a regular basis. Customers can update their Personal Information at any time by contacting us.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS DOCUMENT